I’ll tell you what, you can’t find an easier recipe than this! Chickpea and Chorizo, is a very typical and popular tapas from Spain and it’s one of my favorite chickpea recipes. This a tapas/salad recipe in Andalusia, in the southern coast of Spain.
This salad is very easy to make. I will take you less than 30 minutes to put together. It is perfection if you serve with plenty of crusty bread. If you can’t find chorizo, you can easily substitute with Kielbasa. This is also a Keto diet friendly recipe.
Nowadays it is very easy to find whole piquillo peppers in glass jars at your local supermarket. The piquillo peppers are sweet pimientos that have been roasted, peeled and seeded.
- 4 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 large clove of garlic, crushed
- 1 9oz. chorizo sausage, casing removed and diced
- 1 can of chickpeas (garbanzo) drained and rinsed
- 6 red piquillo pepper, drained a sliced
- 1 tbsp. of sherry vinegar
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Fresh parsley, finely chopped for garnish
- Crusty bread slices to serve
- Heat the oil in a heavy-bottom skillet over medium heat
- Sauté onion and garlic until translucent
- Stir in chorizo and continue cooking until heater through
- Place in bowl and stir in chickpeas and the piquillo peppers
- Add the vinegar and salt and pepper
- Sprinkle with parsley