Woman’s Heath week is celebrated between May 14th and 20th. To celebrate Women’s Health Week, I invited Rocio Anderson from the March of Dimes to the show.
We made a Avocado and Garbanzo Salad with a Cumin and Orange Juice Vinaigrette that was deliciously healthy. This salad is packed with folic acid from the oranges, garbanzos and the spinach as well as other vitamins and minerals.
This salad is a great option for a lunch on the go or at your desk. If you want to make it a full meal, maybe for dinner try toping it off with some protein, like this baked chicken in grapefruit marinade recipe.
Avocado & Garbanzo Salad
- 1 can of garbanzo (chick peas) washed and drained.
- 2 Haas Avocados diced
- 4 Roma Tomatoes diced or 10 Cherry Tomatoes halved
- 2 Radishes sliced thin
- 1 cup of Romain lettuce
- 1 cup of Spinach
- 1/4 of a medium Red Onion
- 1/4 cup of orange juice
- 1 1/2 teaspoon of orange zest
- 2 tablespoons of vinegar (rice wine if possible)
- 1 tablespoon of honey
- 1 tablespoon of cumin powder or toasted seeds ten ground
- 1/4 cup of Cilantro
- 1/2 cup of Olive Oil
- Salt & Pepper to taste