This chicken recipe it is super easy to make! Even though is very simple to put together, light on ingredients, and it is packed with flavor. I use no oil in this marinade. If your watching your weight or trying to eat healthy without sacrificing flavor, this chicken is a great accomplishment to any sensible meal.
You have probably read me mention The Produce Box, a service that delivers fresh and local produce to my house once per week. Sometimes I forget to select a specific box and I get a pleasant surprise. Just like I did this week with a beautiful grapefruit.
I figured, what better way to use the grapefruit, than in a marinade to make baked chicken. Keep in mind, if you don’t have chicken, this marinade also works well in pork chops.
I love the flavor that grapefruit infuses into the chicken. It is citrusy, a little sweet mixed in with the sour. If for some reason you can’t find grapefruit or they are out of season, you can use a mixture of half lemon juice and half orange juice for a similar effect.
- 2 to 4 Chicken Breasts
- 1 large Grapefruit
- 1 teaspoon of Oregano
- 1 teaspoon of Sage
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Place chicken breasts in a bowl.
- Squeeze juice from grapefruit.
- Pour into bowl along with garlic, oregano, sage, salt and pepper.
- Marinate chicken, covered, in refrigerator for a least two hours. Overnight if you can.
- Bake at 450 degrees for 20 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.