I was having friends over for a breakfast celebration. I wanted to make something from scratch to accompany my store bought items. I decided Frittatas would be the perfect accompaniment.
Can’t find an easier recipe than this. If you want to make even easier, purchase fresh salsa (Pico de Gallo) and use it in place of my filling.
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 yellow bell pepper, diced
- 1 small zucchini, diced
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 roma tomatoes, diced
- 6 eggs, beaten together
- 1/4 cup of heavy cream
- 1/2 cup of Oaxaca cheese
- Cilantro, chopped
- Pinch of salt and 1/2 tablespoon of pepper
- Olive oil for sautéing
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a large skillet heat the olive oil over medium high heat.
- Sauté the diced tomatoes, zucchini, onion and peppers for about 5 minutes until they are slightly soft.
- Spray bottom of mini muffin tins with non-stick spray.
- Add the sautéed vegetables to the bottom of muffin pans.
- In a bowl, whisk together 6 eggs and season with salt and pepper
- Fill the remaining area of the muffin tin with the egg mixture.
- Top with cheese and chopped cilantro.
- Bake in the oven for 12-15 minutes until the eggs are completely set.