Sometimes there just aren’t enough hours in the day to get everything you want to accomplish done……. thus having to cut corners in order to get dinner on the table.
If you only have 30 minutes to cook a meal, Chicken Alfredo is a great option. Mind you I’m using a store bought rotisserie chicken for this recipe. I did say I did not have time, right. Plus, I can use the leftovers to make lunch tomorrow.
This alfredo sauce does not require you to make a roux or béchamel sauce, which is generally the scary part of making an alfredo sauce. You might notice, I don’t use as much butter as other alfredo recipes (watching the figure of course). I have found, it does not affect the consistency much, especially if you are eating it right after the dish is freshly made.
- 2 chicken breast
- 3 tablespoons of butter
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 1/2 cups of half and half
- 3 to 6 ounces grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/8 teaspoon ground white pepper
- 1 teaspoon of sweet pimentos chopped
- 6 ounces of fettucine pasta
- ¼ cup chopped parsley
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Pull meat from chicken and shred by hand. Set aside.
- Cook pasta according to box instructions.
- While pasta is cooking, melt butter in a medium saucepan over medium low heat.
- Add half and half and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add the garlic, parmesan cheese and pimentos. Whisk quickly until well incorporated.
- Fold in chicken and pasta into sauce.
- Stir in parsley and serve. We like fresh ground pepper on top too.